- The customer site, where the new Asset is physically present, has been created in Loc8. If not, simply follow the steps in Create Sites.
- A unique Asset ID for the new Asset with you.
- A name for the new asset, one that easily identifies the asset.
- The asset type for the new asset has been created in Loc8. If not, simply follow the steps in Create Asset Types.
- If the new asset has any mandatory features/attributes/conditions that must be recorded in Loc8, then those should have been defined as custom parameters in asset data groups. If not, please follow the steps in Create Asset Data groups and Add Custom Parameters, and Add Asset Data Group to Asset Types.
STEP 1 Go to the Assets List page.
STEP 2 Select the customer site to which the asset is actually associated.
STEP 3 Open the Asset Creation wizard.
STEP 4 Fill in the Asset ID.
STEP 5 Give a name to the new Asset and select its asset type. For any mandatory parameters associated with the selected asset type, fill in its values.
STEP 6 Lastly, go ahead and create the asset.
Well done! You have created an asset in Loc8.
Now, if this asset has any sub-components, you can record them in Loc8 using the same steps as above, only this time you would add them under the new asset and not the site.