Configuring your company details is a part of the on-boarding process to get you up and running as soon as you complete the sign up with Loc8.
If you've not filled those details during the sign up, you can always provide them later. However, we recommend that you keep your company details up-to-date before creating your first quote, job or invoice and sharing them with your customer. That's because the details provided in the Company Settings will -
- define the currency and tax types to be used across the application
- facilitate switching between time zones as suitable to your operations in different regions
- define holidays to implement special charges for labour hours on non-business days
- use your company details to create a professional look and feel on the next quote, job or invoice you'll be sharing with your customers via a web link that your customers may save as a printable document.
NOTE: Only the Subscriber and Admin can configure the company details of your business.
STEP 1 Go to the Settings page.
STEP 2 In the Company Settings page, type in your company name and contact details, ensuring the your business email, primary address/billing address and the postal address is correctly specified.
You can also brand the application with your company logo.
All of these details including your brand logo will reflect in your field service reports, printable quotes, invoices, automated emails and so on.
STEP 3 Specify your company's operating region, timezone and business hours. The business hours are used to set the default time for scheduling jobs and applying after-hour rates.
If the chosen Timezone is different from your local timezone, you'll find an additional clock at the bottom-left corner of your screen - the first clock shows the local timezone and the second shows the chosen business timezone.
Your workforce can also see the dual clock view on their Home screen.
You can switch between the two time zones as necessary. Doing so will change the timestamp indicated on all Loc8 entities throughout your account.
STEP 4 Enter the public holidays you observe through the year, this helps you to set the holiday rates in your charge template, which consequently reflects on the jobs you do on these days.
An example of the default rates you'll set for the charges in your business is shown below. See how separate charges are set for the on-site time and travel time for holidays:
This has been discussed in detail in Define the Default Rates for Labour Hours.
STEP 5 Specify the financial details and preferences for your business. This includes:
- The Financial year end date - Primarily used in Budgeting, a Loc8 Lab feature to forecast your estimates and calculate the actuals over a time period within the given financial year. For more information on Budgeting, get in touch with the Loc8 Support Team.
- Company number - It is the business number for your company used to keep track of business transactions for tax purposes. If the Company number was specified during the Loc8 on-boarding process/sign-up then you'll see that number displayed here. Otherwise, you may enter it now, or even update the specified Company number if necessary.
- Currency - The preferred currency that you operate in will be applied system-wide in Loc8 on all finances such as costs, charges, expenses.
- Default tax type - The common tax types that you need to apply on costs and charges in Quotes, Jobs and Invoices. You can learn more about how to add the frequently used tax types in the article Defining the Tax Rates.
To know more about setting the tax rates, see Defining the Tax Rates.
STEP 6 Associate an external email address with your Loc8 email address. You will find a unique email address already assigned to you against Loc8 Email Address as shown below:
You can use the Loc8 email address for correspondence and uploading photos, and see the mails appear in the Notifications tab that's on the main menu at the bottom left of your screen. Ideally, this email address remains internal to your organisation.
For external correspondence you will have the email address your customers use to communicate with you under the Custom Address.
By default, the email specified in the General section reflects here, but you can change it as required.
Loc8 automatically identifies your company email address and fills it as Custom Address, you can change it to the email address your customers use for sending you their work requests.
To start receiving emails from your official address on to the Loc8 emails address, you just need to configure a rule in your email application (such as outlook, gmail etc.) to forward emails.
An example for setting up the forward email rule in Outlook (on Mac) is shown below:
Once you have set this up, you will start receiving a consolidated view of both internal emails (those sent to your Loc8 email address such as in-app alerts, notifications etc.) as well as the external emails routed through your official company email thereby giving you the ability to convert any relevant work requests into quotes.
To know more about how you to create a quote from a customer work request received through email, see Create Quote from Email.